Name: Iron Fish
Developer: Dean Edwards and BeefJack
Release date: October 25th 2016
About Iron Fish
Dive into the depths of an aquatic nightmare: Iron Fish places you at the helm of a psychological thriller as you stumble across the sleeping horrors of the deep. Explore Cerys’ turbulent history, as her story and mind unravel before your eyes.
Iron Fish takes place in a vast underwater world. You will begin in the relatively safe environment of manta rays and gentle whales but you will be quickly plummeted deeper into the fathoms of the ocean. Each chapter you embark upon sees you descend further into the unknown, with an expansive environment to explore, unique to each level of descent.
• Explore a vast underwater environment. From the shimmering subsurface to the deep, dark depths of the Atlantic, you will immerse yourself in gorgeous environments, dynamic soundscapes and an intriguing plot.
• Discover lost relics, civilisations and mysteries. Everything you see and experience will guide you through the game’s mysterious, twisting narrative, challenging even the most accomplished explorer.
• Built in Unreal Engine 4, Iron Fish offers a stunning single player experience with endless replayability with a collection of Steam achievements to conquer as well. Collect and master equipment and vehicles to better increase your odds of survival, as well as assist your intrepid adventuring.
• Evade a variety of ocean-dwelling nasties. With less than 4% of the oceans having been explored, survival is not guaranteed against creatures that blur the boundaries between science and fiction. There are no weapons against such beasts; tactics and diversion are your only hope.
• Experience an emergent horror sandbox. No experience is the same. Follow the given missions or explore your massive environments to unearth further secrets and horrors. Ambient, terrifying sounds and creature behaviour develop and affect the state of mind the protagonist, plunging you deeper into the growing psychosis of isolation.
About the Developer
Dean Edwards had a great dream for a game: Iron Fish. However, he did not have the means or expertise to craft it into reality. That’s where BeefJack Create came in. Working together with Shaun Leech, Dean and the team were able to actualise the idea into Iron Fish. The design was ready to be made real and work began in 2015. After a record-breaking Steam Greenlight campaign, the team have been working around the clock to bring the title to consumers with the highest possible quality and immersion.
Dean Edwards is passionate about the marine environment and its wildlife, which is clear from the variety and care put into every creature in the game. His love of our oceans also compelled him to partner Iron Fish with the charity Whale and Dolphin Conservation, and he couldn’t be more thrilled. For every unit sold, 50 pence is donated directly to WDC to help in their campaigns and conservation work.
WDC, Whale and Dolphin Conservation is a registered charity
(in England and Wales No. 1014705, in Scotland No. SC040231).
Visit BeefJack Creates official site here: create.beefjack.com
Visit WDC here: uk.whales.org
Iron Fish Release Trailer